1 tablespoons sesame oil ( for flavour)
1 chicken breast fillets, trimmed, cut into thin strips
1/2 onion, cut into thin wedges
1⁄2 red capsicum
100g button mushrooms or mushroom caps, sliced
1/2 bunch broccol
2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated or chopped 1 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- Heat wok over high heat for about 1 minute. Add half the chicken strips and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside. Add about half the remaining peanut oil to the wok and repeat the process with the remaining chicken strips.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and heat over high heat until hot. Add the onion and capsicum and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and broccoli and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes. Add the ginger, garlic and chillies. Season with salt and stir-fry for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce and water and toss for about 1 minute. Return the chicken to the wok and stir until the vegetables and chicken are coated with the sauces and the vegetables are tender crisp.
- Remove the wok from the heat, toss through the bean sprouts and coriander and serve.