Continuous Glucose Monitoring System
Glucose monitoring has got easier with the help of technology now. Did you know you can monitor your glucose over 24 hours instead of measuring it only at one particular time of the day? Glucose meters are great but it doesn’t give us a pattern of blood glucose throughout the day. You can track blood sugars day and night with the help of CGMS device. These device collects readings and show glucose trends over 3, 6, 12, 24 hours on a graph. The device automatically sends an alarm if your blood sugars are too low or too high. This device automatically collects your readings every 5-15 minutes. This data helps health professionals like doctors and diabetes educators get a clearer picture of your sugar readings.
The device measures the amount of glucose in the fluid inside your body. They collect information via tiny sensors under the skin. A transmitter on the sensor send the information to a wireless pager.
We can offer you following services for CGMS:
- Download data and check the patterns and trends of your sugar levels
- Advice an exercise plan that is suitable for you
- Advice you on the amount of insulin you need to take
- Correct the dose and timing of your insulin
- Correct or make any changes to your medications
- Give a comprehensive nutrition plan based on your results
We currently refer patients to Physicians and Endocrinologist who work closely with us and can provide you these monitors (this is due to limited scope of practice).