Female Athlete Nutrition
All female athletes should eat sufficient food to achieve an energy intake that:
- provides sufficient energy for training and competition needs
- meet the energy demands of other daily activities
- allows the athlete to achieve a body size and composition that meets her health and fitness goals
Some athletes do not achieve this, and restrict food intake to achieve their desired weight at the expense of both health and performance.
There is an enormous pressure on many women to achieve an unrealistic body weight and body fat level. This can compromise both short term athletic performance and long term health, with the real possibility of harm to reproductive health and to bone health. Any athlete with menstrual irregularities should treat these as a possible warning sign, and seek professional advice.
We provide services for:
- Weight management with respect to training
- Nutrition for recovery
- Specific nutrient deficiency like vitamin D, iron, B12, calcium etc