- Olive oil spray
- 200 gm whole chicken
- 2 teaspoons mixed dried herbs
- 1 small potato, halved
- 100 gm pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
- Steamed green beans
- Steamed cauliflower
- Pre- heat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Trim fat from chicken. Discard neck. Rinse chicken (including cavity). Pat dry with paper towel. Tie legs with kitchen string. Brush chicken with 2 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken,breast-side up,on a rack in a roasting pan. Roast for 1 hour.
- Mean while, roast vegetables.
- Roast chicken until juices run clear when chicken thigh is pierced with a skewer (cover chicken with foil if over-browning). Serve with beans.